4K Joeys allow our customers who have purchased 4K TVs to view certain on-demand 4K/Ultra HD content through their Hopper system. With the ability to deliver on demand 4K video content, we are once again proving we are the leader in entertainment technology.
- 4K Joey delivers both HD and 4K/Ultra HDvideo content to subscribers through their 4K TVs
- 4K Joey will only function with a Hopper 3 or Hopper with Sling that has the new User Interface (UI)
- 4K Joey is wired and connected the same way as other Joeys
Ultra slim and sleek design, which reflects the look and feel of the new UI.
- 4K resolution is 2x the clarity of current HD video
- 4K Joey delivers a processor speed of 7000 MHz, making it much faster than the Hopper with Sling
- Includes 1 GB of RAM and 128 MB of flash memory
- 4K Joey is compatible with allHDMI cables currently offered by DISH
- At launch, the following 4K content will be available on the 4K Joey:
- Video On Demand found on channel 501 or by choosing the “On Demand” tile in the main menu
- Netflix 4K content (if the customer is on a Netflix plan that supports streaming Ultra HD video andhas appropriate broadband Internet speed (25 megabits per second or higher))
- Customers can check which plan they are currently on at netflix.com/ChangePlan
- Netflix streaming quality must be set to “High”
- To access Netflix the 4K Joey must be linked to a Hopper w/Sling
- At launch, 4K Joey comes boxed with the 40.0 remote, and its operation will be the same as the current Joey